Ekata Training Center Summer Camp 2019
See Below For Details On Our Awesome Camps This Year!
ALL CAMPS HAVE A 20% EARLY ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT BEFORE MAY 15TH!
The World In Your Backyard
Martial Arts from Around the World!
Ever wonder how to become a Ninja? Have your kids ever jumped around the living room acting like a Shaolin Warrior Monk? If they have, you may want to save your furniture and have them learn the real thing in a safe, secure environment! Come travel around the world as we explore several countries’ unique cultural arts, physical sport, food, history, and language. Every week we explore a different country with its rich traditions, history and martial art! Students will train with a Master from each discipline, experience the food from the country, learn about cultural history, while having a blast learning the arts that they would otherwise only sample on their video games! Let’s get those kids moving!
Summer Camp Program and Activities Appropriate for Ages 5-12 K-6th Grade
Summer Camp Activities Include:
- Martial Arts
- Art Projects and History
- Organic Snacks
- Cultural Lunch of the Week (food from the country of the week) (Thursdays)
- Parent Showcase (Friday at pick up)
- Bring a lunch! Except Thursdays
Early drop off (7am) and late pick up (6:30pm) available.
Short Descriptions of the Camps!
Each camp has a unique curriculum and theme! See below for a week by week description. And scroll down to sample videos from our past camps!
- Japan – Ninja Camp (June 17/21)
- The stealthy Ninja has captivated the imagination of kids around the world for decades! Kids learn from a true Ninjutsu master. Learn the rolls, jumps and history of the Ninja! You might even learn to throw the deadly shuriken! (throwing star – but a little less deadly rubber version)
- Brazil – Capoeira (June 24/28)
- Capoeira is a martial art that incorporates fluid, gymnastic moves like handstands, cartwheels and jumping spinning kicks! The kids learn the “roda” (the circle) where the practitioners “play” the game of capoeira. The children also learn to sing and play the traditional instruments that accompany the game!
- Philippines – Pakamut/Escrima (July 8/12)
- Escrima is an extremely popular form of weapons training. The kids learn to use two sticks while synchronizing and timing their movements. This is a wonderful cognitive movement therapy in tandem with being a terrific art indigenous to the Philippines. Escrima in the Philippines is a source of great cultural pride!
- China – Shaolin Kung Fu (July 15/19)
- What serious Saturday Kung Fu Cinema fan has not dreamed of being a Shaolin Warrior Monk! This system founded around the year 500CE is the source of all modern kung fu cinema. Pick a Jet Li or Jackie Chan movie and you’ll see this fabled art in action
- Thailand – Muay Thai (July 22/26)
- The fabled art of Thailand is practiced in every MMA gym in the world! This is the world’s most famous kickboxing style. Kid’s learn to use training tools like “Thai pads” with their partners to move like real ring fighters! Kid’s will also learn the “Ram Muay Wai Kru” the traditional pre-fight ceremonial dance paying homage to their lineage of teachers.
- Brazil II – Brazilian Jiujitsu (July 29/Aug 2)
- Yes, another week of Brazil because the country developed two of the most famous martial arts in the world! Brazilian Jiujitsu is the other half of the MMA equation. Do your kids like to wrestle? Then teach them how to do it the right way. Kid’s learn the Brazilian Jiujitsu training methods from the lineage of the world famous Machado Brothers.
Sign-up today for our awesome Santa Clarita – Valencia CA summer camp experience. Your kids will learn and have a great time doing it!
Action Comedy Stunt Training Camp
We’re proud to announce the world’s first action-comedy specific training camp! Over the course of 2 weeks, our program will teach the physical and mental fundamentals required to perform and create innovative and fun fight scene choreography. This will be accomplished through a series classes split into physical disciplines such as martial arts, cross training, and skill acquisition; and workshops designed to challenge the mind while teaching how professional fight choreography is designed, performed, filmed, and assembled. The curriculum for this camp will utilize mindfulness, physical activity, and self discipline to enable the participants to take what they learn, and use it in their own creative physical projects going forwards.
This Summer camp is designed for kids aged 10-16
Summer Action Camp Activities Include:
- Physical Training
- Choreography and Stunt Skill Classes
- Action Scene Study
- Choreography Building
- Hands-on Fight Scene filming and performing experience
- A FINISHED ACTION COMEDY SKIT which participants can post to YouTube or Instagram
Punch the Beat and Kickstart the Music!
This is a camp designed to combine rhythm, music and movement! Lots of kids think of music as the boring practice of playing scales over and over again. We want to excite kids about music! Did you know music is a wonderful activity for the brain? Bruce Lee was actually a dance champion of the Cha-Cha! He incorporated footwork and rhythm into all of his martial arts training! And you never know, there might even be a famous special guest that could pop in!
More info will be available soon!
Our quality staff goes through a vigorous background check and training process. Your child will experience working with master instructors who have many years of experience in their art form. Our staff instructors practice positive reinforcement to foster positive behavior and attentiveness. Respect and kindness are always a priority at Ekata! Games, art and fun from around the globe – but in your own backyard ! Our staff is focused on building compassionate and courageous kids. Student to teacher ratio is 12 children to 1 teacher.
"Last summer my son joined the summer camp at Ekata. It was fun and educational learning for him. Every week there was a different country theme and he learned about that country culture, food, martial art style, etc. He came home with crafts and he would talk about new knowledge that he learned." February 2019
"I loved the variety that was offered at Ekata summer camp, trying lots of new things. Capoeira was very unique in the way it included dance and martial arts and the history of it was very interesting. I’d love to try it again sometime." December 2018
"We love Ekata. Ekata's Summer Program worked really hard to develop an array of activities for our children. I was able to go work in peace knowing they were in a safe atmosphere with physical activities & weekly themed summer program. Our son truly enjoyed summer camp at Ekata. He experienced other countries' martial arts, culture, food, crafts, and field trips. They also did a parent showcase once a week to show us what they've learned - seriously amazing! I would highly recommend this camp! They really work hard to help your child learn, grow and have fun!"
"Our kids loved the Ekata summer camp experience, from the arts and crafts to the field trips! My wife and I love the weekly themes and the family atmosphere."